Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Link Sharing #2

QAGo 1  Photo copyright Julia of Julia’s Place

For those quilters that find large projects difficult to do nor able to pay someone else to quilt it for you, quilting as you go maybe one way of solving this problem. I found this Quilt as you go tutorial on Julia’s Place, creativeribbons blog. The tutorial is easy to follow and with Julia’s permission posting one of her images that you will see if you pop over to her blog. Also take a look at Julia’s other tutorials; they can be found on the left hand side when you scroll down her blog.

Who knew about iron on Velcro? I didn’t until now and my mind is already ticking over how useful this stuff could be. It would be so easy to apply to pockets and pouches inside totes and bags that you feel needs more security, AND wished you had done so before sewing the project up!  Check out the green box at the Birchhaby website to see it is real and not my imagination. I would suggest I am the only one that does not know about this stuff!  LOL

Do you receive error messages when viewing some blogs. Pop over to Tozz’s Corner and read her clearly written post on how she fixes this problem.

Have you ever used Google Alerts? Take a look at the image below as I am about to explain why I use these particular alerts.

Google Alerts

The two top alerts are what I would expect Google to find when anything related to my blog is found on another website. So for example, if someone was spreading the link love about my blog, that is what perhaps would be the link title.  Also I have come across my name on numerous websites and why I leave that listed so that I can see what is being said about me. I have now added the Friday Link Sharing to see how much interest that post creates, if any at all. You will see the alert below that I received from talking about this on a Craft Magazine Forum that I enjoy.

Google Alerts 2 
This is how you can also create alerts for sections of your post to see if it is being stolen for monetary gain on other blogs. You can create as many alerts as you want. Where it would be handy is for those that have a Giveaway Post on their blog or a BOM. Not everyone will make a comment on your blog but it does not mean they are not talking about you or the subject. I know I would be curious to see what those people have to say if it was about me, although it isn’t necessary always going to be good. ;)

You will find more information at the Google Alerts Help page.

Capture 
How well do you see Colour? Just for some fun, try this one out at Online Color Challenge . It is the only time that I have ever been happy to receive a zero score. Click on the thumbnail above and you will see I am not fibbing. LOL

I do hope you have enjoy my second Friday Link Sharing post.

Photobucket

Technorati Tags: ,,,

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

All great links! Thanks for the links.

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Sue,
Thanks for telling us about Julia's place.
What a great idea's some smart ladies have.
Hugs,
Anna