Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Link Sharing #3

Sasha in bed - blogGee we are having wet and cold days of late.  For the family farm, mud is money at this time of the year so I had better not complain about it. Click on the thumbnail above and see how Sasha, my papillon starts her night in her bed. She is quite funny about it as she will even pull up the crochet blanket higher if we haven’t done it right. The crochet blanket is one that I made for her when she was a tiny pup. Sasha has never attempted to destroy it and treats it like her blankie as any child would, hence the blanket is now called blankie. She will go and find her crochet blanket if we command her to “bring blankie here”… lolaim smileys

Ok now onto some links. I haven’t that many as I have been pretty busy, but I think the first one will more than make up for it, especially if you haven’t seen this website before.

Who loves free patterns? I know I do but don’t know when I am going to get a chance to try a few of them out, but hey I like a challenge. For those that would like to add some extra patterns to their own collection, do take a look at this very long list at free quilting patterns, free quilt blocks, quilter techniques at Susan Druding website equilters.com. There is sure to be something there for everybody. Also make sure you check some of the links on the home page, because there is a wealth of information their as well. For example the Links to many more of Susan’s Quilting Articles.

How to Fold a Fitted Sheet: I do get so frustrated with the fitted sheets, especially the new ones that have the elastic all around the edge. I found this website with good diagrams showing how to fold fitted sheets that do look very tidy once finished. You may also find it useful.

Half  Hexagon quilting is a good way to make a quilt if you want it to happen a lot quicker by sewing machine, than sewing by hand.  Abyquilt has a great Hexagon Quilt Tutorial with lots of images as well.

I do hope you have enjoyed this post.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Sasha looks soooooo cute in her bed with her blankie.

Home of Creative Treasures said...

Butter wouldn't melt in her mouth...lol She has been naughty today paddling in water every chance she gets, although the rain is great to have. :D

clare's craftroom said...

She's so cute ! I'd spoil her too !

Jean said...

That tutorial for hexagons looks great...I would love to try them, but know I would never get them all hand sewn. Thanks!
Haven't had time yet to check out the free stuff.

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Sue,
Thanks for all the links. I must check them out, especially folding fitted sheets, how frsutrating that can be.
Hugs,
Anna

Home of Creative Treasures said...

Thanks for stopping by ladies and do hope you are finding something to your liking with these links. :)